[TriLUG] Flat panel 17 or 19"

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Feb 10 10:46:00 EST 2005

Jeff Tickle wrote:
> Also remember that for some reason LCD sizes aren't the same as CRT
> sizes; I have no idea how they measure, but I sat my 17" LCD down next
> to my 19" CRT and realized they have the same size actual display.

A 17" LCD actually has 17" of viewable area (measured diagonally).

A 17" CRT has a big glass tube that is physically 17" across (diagonally).
The viewable space is always less.  Usually by at least an inch.
A 21" CRT typically has 19.5-19.8" of viewable area.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software