[TriLUG] RCS

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Feb 10 10:59:56 EST 2005

Normally when a file is checked into RCS with -u it loses it's write
permissions.  By turning off file locking, you do change this.  In
essence the file will always be locked, and thus always writeable.  If
you check them all out again with co * they will be writeable.  Then
every time you edit it, just check it in with ci -u filename, and it
will stay writeable.  I, however, choose to leave file locking turned on
since it helps me remember to check it in when I'm done.  But that's up
to you.

Joel