[TriLUG] yet another theoretical question

Charles Fischer fischer at 4pi.com
Thu Feb 10 23:13:47 EST 2005

If you can boot the laptop from a CF card reader, get one and a micro
disk.  Load what you need and your good to go.  Should not even have to
mount the laptop's drive.  I would use the micro disk and not a flash
card.  The flash card has a limited number of write cycles.

If you cannot boot from USB, but can boot from CD/DVD then have fun rolling
your own distro.

Good luck
Charles Fischer