[TriLUG] OT looking for Gimp book recommendation

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 10:29:09 EST 2005

transparent is non color based.  Transparent means there is no layer
or invisible layer under your graphic.  There is the checkerboard like
background to the window under/behind (however you wanna say it) your
graphic.  It simple lacks the ability to stay that way when looking at
it.  That checkerboard area is too bold and the checkered size is too
large.  The darker squares should be dulled down to a lighter grey and
the square size should be smaller.