[TriLUG] JOB Posting - Technical Support Analyst (Washington DC)

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sat Feb 12 22:25:38 EST 2005

Fed up with your current job?

Interested in working in downtown DC with Linux, Unix, databases, and web
technologies?

Do you have the ability to provide superior customer support?

If so, see the job description below!

Please send resumes to me at jeremyp at pobox.com or jportzer at blackboard.com.

Thanks!
Jeremy Portzer

====================

Technical Support Analyst

Job Description:

Blackboard Inc. is the industry leader in developing web-based learning
platforms for the educational community. Our Product Support team has a
proven track record of delivering high quality technical support to our
customer base. We are continually looking for motivated, technically-savvy
and customer service-oriented Technical Support Managers to join our
Amsterdam, Netherlands-based Technical Support team. For more information
about Blackboard Inc and our career opportunities, please visit
www.blackboard.com.

POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES

The Technical Support Manager (TSM) will play an integral role in the
success of the Support team. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:

    * Managing resolution of technical issues for a distinct set of
clients. Clients are system administrators who provide mission critical
services via Blackboard e-Learning applications to students and faculty at
a wide variety of learning institutions.
    * Troubleshooting complex web applications. Issues to be resolved
require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software
functionality, application server setup, database management, data
analysis, operating system configuration, performance tuning,
installation, migration, and upgrades to Blackboard products.
    * Providing excellent client management inclusive of excellent
communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues
within internal departments. The TSM will analyze trends associated with
the assigned customer base and report potential areas of risk or reward to
Product Support Management. Success criteria are highly focused on
customer satisfaction levels.
    * Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively
manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This
includes ownership of the data entered into the CRM system and
appropriately updating both client and appropriate Blackboard employees of
status of all issues on a timely basis.
    * Collaborating extensively with peers, Blackboard Account Managers,
and members of the escalation team including Product Support Engineers and
Developers to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a
growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and
the information available to our clients.
    * Analyzing technical trends with Blackboard solutions and provide
appropriate feedback to Engineering Services and Product Support
management

PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

    * Bachelor's Degree
    * 2 years + experience in a client facing call center, help desk or
technical support environment or equivalent consulting experience.
    * Strong knowledge of system and database administration principles.
Oracle Database Knowledge including troubleshooting,
configuration, maintenance and tuning.
    * Working knowledge of Apache web server, Linux or Solaris OS, and
related technologies
    * Understanding of Internet application technologies including; HTML,
XML, Internet protocols, networking, firewalls, Web Server configurations,
Internet application architectures based upon Java technology and Internet
security are needed.
    * Experience in a self-directed work environment
    * Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a
variety of resources and tools

Blackboard Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age,
color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual
orientation, or any other protected factor.

Location: Downtown Washington, D.C.