[TriLUG] Odd Network problem

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Feb 13 08:25:48 EST 2005

>    Full/Half duplex mis-matches or autosense failure causing the same
>
> Router is expecting something different than the network card is set for..

[JR> ] good call.  I've been nailed by that autosense, rather, non-sense
stuff - once.  I usually don't worry about individual PCs yet nail down the
servers to the switch.  Too bad those el cheapo switches don't have the
ability to manually set ports.  It is a tough sell to get customers to pay 5
times the price; however, there is cheap, and there is good.  Woe be to
those that make the wrong choice.