[TriLUG] How to use Linux to feed your cat

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sun Feb 13 12:05:28 EST 2005

Joel Ebel wrote:

> ...I think you'd notice a drastic change in affection from your cat
> when they realize you have been replaced with a much more reliable
> computer...

In the interest in converting my young, frolicking, ankle-pouncing
kitten into a large, lethargic, lap-cat (1), my wife and I purchased an
ever-feeder.  Essentially, it just drops as much food from a large
cylinder as the cat can possibly consume.  We fill it maybe twice every
three weeks.  He still seems to love us, although he is not progressing
towards fat and happy as quickly as I might like.  :)  So hopefully the
automatic cat feeder would at the least, engender a sense of love of
computers in your cat.  Perhaps he'd learn to hack python in order to
get more food?

Aaron S. Joyner

(1) For the comfort of those who might be overly concerned for my cat's
welfare, the actual motivation for this purchase originally was an
out-of-town trip over the weekend.  The fat-cat mentality occurred to me
later.  :)