[TriLUG] Syncing Zaurus with Linux

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Mon Feb 14 21:25:27 EST 2005

Yep, if you are running the 3.x series ROMs on the Zaurus, there is no
sync solution with Linux.  This guy was trying to reverse engineer it,
but last I checked he had yet to get it all worked out:

http://www.cyph.org/zsrep/

Best bet if you need to Sync with Linux is to use either the 2.3x series
roms (all of which will sync with Qtopia, just be mind full of the open
root ftp account), or to use OpenZaurus for your ROM:

http://openzaurus.org/web/

OpenZaurus (Opie version) is what I currently run, and it syncs fine
over Multsync.  I gave up on Sharp, I think they have pretty much
abandoned the US market and the older SL5x00 Zaurus models.  Best to
start getting hooked up with the Zaurus Users groups:

http://www.zaurususergroup.org/

Oh, and just as a note, I Just got my new PalmOne Treo 650 Smartphone,
and it's now syncing with Evolution :-).  The Zaurus is now going to be
my embedded Linux test machine.

Cheers,
David

--