[TriLUG] OT - AM reception

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Feb 21 11:23:01 EST 2005

> Any suggestions on how to get better AM reception for the rare times we
> want it?
[JR>] what I did back in the '60's was use a ground rod along with a wire
nailed up to the side of the house (and a right long one at that) that was
perpendicular to the radio station antenna.  You can trim the length to a
multiple of the wavelength = 1/frequency.  I could hear fine through an
earphone with no amplification, batteries or power supply.  A little diode
does it :-)

Or, you could just listen to a station on the Internet...