[TriLUG] Red Hat "like" Distro

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:13:12 EST 2005

NOOOOOO!!!

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:43:08 -0500, James Brigman <jbrigman at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> CentOS 4RC1 (www.centos.org)  is "child of whitebox". A source code
> recompilation of RHEL 4.  As I understand it, the guy who did White Box
> has joined up with the cAos team to produce CentOS.

NO NO NO!!!

CentOS has NO relation to Whitebox Linux AT ALL, NONE!!  The Whitebox
Linux (WBEL at www.whiteboxlinux.org) guy has not joined up with cAos
to produce CentOS, nor is he a part of that group.  He is also quite
behind on his updates as the website will show (by over a month or
more).

There is a person from www.whiteboxlinux.net (NOT related to the WBEL
distro) who joined the cAos team.

CentOS is its OWN derivation of RHEL and is NOT a "child of whitebox".

See my other message in this thread for more information about CentOS.

...thus ends this public service announement

thanks,
David McD