[TriLUG] SUSE 9.2 display problem

Merle Watts elremx2 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 16:16:47 EST 2005

I have just installed suse 9.2 and I am have a small display problem.  When the system boots to GRUB the display fills the entire screen.  After I tell it to boot into linux my monitor looses about 2 1/2 inches on each side.

This system has worked fine in the past with mandrake and fedora.
knoppix cd and the sun java desktop cd work fine.

system info tells me i have a VT8738 S3 unichrome integrated graphics.

yast says vesa framebuffer graphics

any idea on how to get my display back to normal?

Thanks

04  VN750
NCVulcan  #1-13-244A-750A20
NC Retread  #0059