[TriLUG] Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Group?

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Wed Feb 23 10:01:11 EST 2005

On Wed, February 23, 2005 9:40 am, Jason Tower said:
> i can tell you that not a single one of my customers has ever asked
> about certification of any kind, and i'll bet the vast majority have
> never even heard of LPI.  i've certainly never lost a job because we
> lacked a cert.  just a data point for you.
>
> jason

Yes, I am not sure LPI carries any weight.  But while some companies
may want you to be certified to be a vendor.  I believe certifications
have more impact for individuals who are trying to get past the
initial screening of HR.  The company we outsource our IT services to
has a person who has his NT MSCE.  But it allows them to say they have
an MSCE on board for those who care.  Little do they realize that he
hasn't kept his MSCE current.  For your business it may add marketing
fauder for you to have someone that is certified, but it doesn't
appear that at this point it is affecting your revenue stream :)