[TriLUG] Linux CD Copy

Bradford Powell bcpowell at email.unc.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:19:00 EST 2005

No suggestions on particular programs (well, actually, I use abcde, but
that's because I like to do my encoding in a screen session...), but if
you are interested in keeping the full sound files, you really should
look into 'flac'. flac will losslessly compress your audio so that you can
recover the pristine bits later on, but have the advantage of less disk
space used (savings of 30-60%) plus metadata like song and album names can
be stored in the file.

-- Bradford Powell