[TriLUG] Sat. Installfest

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 28 14:12:34 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 13:15 -0500, Scott G. Hall wrote:
> We didn't have much of a turn-out.  Only 2 people from TriLUG showed
> up.  Note: all of the non-TriLUGgers were successful in getting their
> machines installed -- mostly Debian via network install.  My cousin
> and I had problems with hardware (not enough RAM, bad harddisks, etc)
> so we couldn't get ours to work.

Scott - there were at least five TriLUGers there at various times.:

You: Dr. Distro
Me: The Reverse Hardware Bandit
Hunter Matthews: Dr. Debian Denial
John Broome: Captain Iso
Matt Frye: Reverend Fedora

(With apologies - I'm sure there was someone else I may have missed, and
I forgot who supplied the breakfast goodies...)

You, Hunter and I were there at 11am. (I am the guy who brought hardware
to give away.) I know John Broome went by around 12:20pm (missed him by
about five minutes) and I think Matt Frye showed up around 12:30?

I think us getting there late was a handicap: I think by the time I got
there almost all of them had an install already going.

They were short at least one monitor, which handicapped them for
installation on a couple machines. That frustrated me because I did have
an extra monitor I'd been glad to bring, had I known.

Yeah, we should've had more TriLUGers there, and earlier too.

JKB