[TriLUG] Sat. Installfest

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 16:30:45 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:15:27 -0500, Scott G. Hall
<ScottGHall at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> We didn't have much of a turn-out.  Only 2 people from TriLUG showed
> up.  Note: all of the non-TriLUGgers were successful in getting their
> machines installed -- mostly Debian via network install.  My cousin
> and I had problems with hardware (not enough RAM, bad harddisks, etc)
> so we couldn't get ours to work.

I wouldn't say that we weren't a factor.  Kevin Otte was the one who
brought the DHCP/DNS/local mirror server.  A big thanks goes to Kevin
for doing that: without it, we would have been sunk.  I was there as
well from 10:00 to nearly 2:00, and brought some donuts, muffins and
bagels for munching and the juice and cups for drinking.

I was able to help someone with a messed up Grub install, as well as
start a Mandrake 10.1 official installation.

LUG at NCSU does this regularly, so we should be better organized for the next one.

I'd like to point out that Jason's original announcement said that
it'd be good if people could bring monitors, especially flat panels.

By the way, did anyone pick up the 1Ghz Slot A Athlon that James
brought?  I snagged it, but I left it behind inadvertently.

--
Joseph Tate
TriLUG PR Guy