[TriLUG] Comments on "IBM Certified Used" equipment?

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 22:04:16 EST 2005

Andrew,

I've owned 3 IBM used computers in my life: IBM PS/2 57 SLC2, IBM
PC-360 (Pentium Pro),
and an IBM PC600GL (PII 400MHz).  The PII is my file server running RHEL 4.
The PS/2 actually still runs but it's basically a doormat.  The PC-360
I gutted to build
a standard ATX machine.

So you shouldn't have any problems with the life a used IBM Machine.  Though
you do realize that IBM equipment is proprietary so upgrading will be
relegated to
hard drives, cdrom drives, etc.  Motherboard or CPU upgrades will most
likely be out
of the question.

Jesus M. Rodriguez