[TriLUG] vonage behind nat

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 19:18:35 EST 2005

You can help your calls during uploads by doing a few bandwidth tests
and then limiting your TCP upload bandwidth to some lower value. The
Linksys WRT54GS lets you do this in it's QoS section.

If you are running linux (and not a Windows box) on the local network,
then you can just run a simple TC script and limit your Linux boxes TCP
upload and not have to worry about modifying the firewall. (I have a
script that works well with my linux firewall customers)

My upload is 384kb (on a bad day) so I limit my TCP upload to 320kb and
never have problem with my voice.

Jon