[TriLUG] Linux Scanner Recommendations

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 4 11:23:52 EST 2005

SANE is the backend for most scanning software you would use in Linux,
so check out it's list of supported devices here:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html
So find a scanner you like and see if it is on the list.  A quick
cross-reference between the B&H Catalog and the supported devices list
doesn't show any document fed scanners, so you might be better off
finding an older used model.  ebay perhaps.

There's also a list of frontends listed on the sane page if you're
looking for how to use it.
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-frontends.html

Good luck,
Joel