[TriLUG] OpenZaurus question

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Sun Mar 6 20:47:45 EST 2005

Hey OZ guys,
 I want to use something other than the stock Sharp ROM since I need the
PIM to work with QTopiaDesktop. Right now I have to use the 2.37 ROM
with QTopiaDesktop 1.7.0. There is a bug in the Sharp ROM that makes the
timezones incompatible.

Anyway, I'd like to try OZ but I'm not sure which zImage to use and why.
I'd like to stay with the simple idea that Sharp had so I'm not looking
to develop. This is my PDA!  Anyway, I've tried the 32+32 zImage as well
as the 64+0, but I don't get my full RAM to install so I can install my
programs back on it.

What happens is I install it to RAM but it doesn't show in the menus.
When I run it from command, it barks that it can't find the
programs/files it needs! ARGH!

Any suggestions? Is there a different ROM I should try other than the OZ
ROM that will allow for this?