[TriLUG] Linksys Wireless Access Points

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 12 09:06:50 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 16:01, Shane O'Donnell wrote:

> If buying new hardware, definitely get the WRT54GS (with Speedboost) -
> bigger CPU and more memory for nominally higher price.

Two thumbs up here!

We use the Linksys WRT54GS at our Soho clients for delivering VoIP via
their cable or DSL connections. Most of the QoS features are supported
by Linksys now without you having to "hack" the box - you just need to
download the latest firmware.

The firewall/routers do a fantastic job of limiting TCP traffic (thus
reserving some bandwidth for Voice) and giving priority to voice traffic
over data traffic. For $90 (retail), that's a real deal! :-)

Jon Carnes
FeatureTel