[TriLUG] Linksys Wireless Access Points

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Mar 14 00:15:55 EST 2005

Shane O'Donnell wrote:

> Look at OpenWRT for an alternative firmware to get serious about hacking
> with...

I picked up one of these bad boys a bit ago.  There's some guys trying
to start a WISP here in Charlotte and our building is the first site.
Figured I'd give it a shot, but needed a way for my whole network to
join the WISP network.  The 54g in client/router mode is the say to go.

Anyways, it's a v2.2, so stock OpenWRT doesn't work.  You'll have to use
  an alternate build (search the OpenWRT forums) or the experimental
release from OpenWRT:
http://www.openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1029

OpenWRT freaking rules.  Figured if the thread was brought back from the
dead, I might as well contribute my experiences.

Mike