[TriLUG] Free Hardware

Aaron Bockover abockover.trilug at aaronbock.net
Wed Mar 16 12:38:01 EST 2005

I was given the order to sort a large box of somewhat legacy hardware
that has been sitting in my garage for a few years, if left unclaimed,
it will be going in the trash.

I have no use for any of the hardware, but maybe someone at TriLUG may
have use for:

* 2 Parallel Scanners

* 1 Sparq Drive with 4 1GB disks (Made by Syquest, similar to a ZIP
drive... external/parallel)

* 1 Studio 400 Video Recorder - captures video from composite, transfers
over parallel, and can record back to a composite out - was used back in
the day before Firewire/USB and DVD - record your footage, import it,
edit it, and record the final product back to VHS or your camcorder!

* 1 Internal Removable Hard Drive enclosure (ATA)

* Two stereo speakers with RCA plugs (went to an old NEC desktop)

* Lots of misc. screws and IDE cables

I am not sure what works. The last time the hardware was used, it was
all in good working condition - but that was years ago. I'd venture to
say that I am almost positive that the IDE cables, screws, and HD
enclosure work :-D

If anyone is interested, I'll bring the hardware to the next meeting, or
if in the area (Garner), interested persons may come by and pick it up.
Email me off list, please.

Regards,
Aaron Bockover

--