[TriLUG] Tuning wireless configuration

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:56:45 EST 2005

So I've gotten my old thinkpad up and running on FC3 with a wifi card,
and even WPA using wpa-supplicant.

The only glitch is that if I boot the machine with the wireless card
already installed it doesn't bring up the interface.  I either need to
manually pull the card and re-insert it to get hotplug to bring it up,
or manually invoke ifup ath0.

It used to bring kudzu up when I booted and ask me if I wanted to
configure the card, which I didn't. This was annoying so I disabled
running kudzu as a service.

I think I need to have an init script which does an ifup ath0, which
should work if the card is installed.   Or is there a better way to do
this?