[TriLUG] Local Time Zone won't get off UTC

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Mar 21 14:45:32 EST 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

Thanks.  Turns out the hardware clock thought it was UTC, but was set in
EST (i.e. it thought right now was 2:40 PM UTC)..  So after doing...
% hwclock --local --set --date="Mon 21 Mar 2005 02:40:00 PM EST"
% hwclock --hctosys
...then opening up the Adjust Date & Time... dialog in kclock and simply
clicking Ok, and finally closing and reopening gaim, my instant messages
now carry correct timestamps.  I'll have to see if this mail comes back
to me stamped correctly or not, but I think it should.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Cheers,
~Brian