[TriLUG] mythtv ramblings

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Mar 21 23:59:33 EST 2005

James Brigman wrote:
> Quick note about the PVR-500: Minky's right about the single input on
> the PVR-500. I grabbed my card to take a look and was surprised: the
> PVR-500 DOES have the FM tuner built in! Here are the connections, top
> to bottom:

One thing to keep in mind about the 500's single input dual tuner setup
is that you won't be able to have, say, a digital cable box hooked up
and use both tuners.  Said another way: if you want to tune a cable box
one one tuner and analog on the other (to record to things at once, one
on the digital cable) you will not be able to do so.  While it costs
more, multiple cards is a much better way to go.

Mike