[TriLUG] mythtv ramblings and a questions about december mythtv presentation

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 22 11:38:20 EST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Jeff Tickle wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:07:42 -0500
> Christopher L Merrill <chris at webperformanceinc.com> wrote:
>> I've been thinking about a MythTV project, too.  But I'm not willing
>> to give up the HD capability that the TWC box gives me.
>
> I know that this tuner card provides HDTV capability with
> enthusiastically no support for the Evil Broadcast Flag, and I'll be
> getting it myself as soon as the next paycheck arrives:
>
> http://www.pchdtv.com/

In addition to the HD-3000, there is the Air2PC card that also does
HDTV.  Both cards support QAM, which is what TWC uses.

http://www.cyberestore.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=103
http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/
0,,sid7_gci541804,00.html

So as long as the signal is not encrypted (which is a requirement for
the broadcast channels, but not for HBO) you should be able to tune it
with Myth and one of these HD cards.

In the future Myth support for firewire cable boxes could be used if
you can get a supported box.

John