[TriLUG] Re: [GoLugTech] legal question

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:18:56 EST 2005

>From what I understand you <CAN> get some massive advantages,
tax-wise.  For example you can write off a lot of stuff that you
cannot write off as a regular W2 employee.  Computers, training,
travel, lodging, etc.  You have to pay higher taxes to social
insecurity, then spend money like a drunken fool if you want and it
lowers your tax burden.  That's what I have heard.

I know that at lower income levels this sort of thing can get you into
trouble, but with a decent hourly rate it is not so bad, at least
that's my impression.

And yes I also would expect to have to hire an accountant, there is no
way I understand accounting stuff...:)

Marc

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:58:46 -0500, Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov