[TriLUG] What's the Fairest Distro of All?

johnm john280z at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 24 15:27:47 EST 2005

sorry gang, I'm going to top post.

   My concept of a daily desktop is a "load and go" distro. Something I
use every day for e-mail, irc and browsing needs to work without me
having to tweak or adjust it. On December 6th 2004 I went full time
using Ubuntu (Debian based with Gnome) for my daily desktop. It all
seems to work, the updates using Synaptic are very painless and I like
it. There is a lot of software available if I want to try a special
program or two. The security updates are timely and the Ubuntu user
forum is very active.
   I have two other PCs running two versions of Debian with Icewm,
fluxbox, and xfce - these are the ones I adjust and play with, but if
they break, I'm still on the net.
   (By the way, i believe the KDE version of Ubuntu (kubuntu) is out now)

john mitchell