[TriLUG] trilug mirror or ftp site on?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:46:17 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:25:25 -0500, Liyun Yu <yu at radonc.unc.edu> wrote:
> Many thanks to Aaron and Tanner for a quick response. I appreciate it.
>
> I was trying to check with Trilug mirror site to see if we have the 6CD
> version
> of mandrake for trilug members. I did get the 3CD release from ibiblio.org
> riding on the cool gig network links at UNC.  Why bother Trilug?  I was
> testing
> mandrake 10.1 on VMware and it was asking for CD4. I thought Trilug might
> have it.  No problem. I will get an official full pkg if I need it later.

Note, btw, that while TriLUG did have mirrors, we haven't had
mirrors of actual ISO images for almost 3 years.  Mirroring
Red Hat ISOs is the main reason we now have caps in place so
we don't exceed our bandwith allocation.  But, there are
plenty of places to find good ISO mirrors.  Perhaps some of
our members can share some of their favorites. :-)  (Bonus
points for creative uses of bittorrent. :-)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace