[TriLUG] Simple wiki-like website building system

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Sat Apr 2 22:11:06 EST 2005

Ok, I'm getting tired of maintaining my personal website via HTML
editors or template-based generation systems - so I'm looking for a
better way.  I'm getting addicted to our wiki at work, especially
the ease of editing and linking pages.  But I don't want an editable
website.

- I'd like to build my website by specifying a hierarchical
   relationship between pages and have the navigation up/down the
   tree handled automatically.
- I'd like to build my pages as easily as the simple markup found
   on most wikis.
- I'd like to provide a basic template for the layout of my pages and
   tell it where (in the page) to put navigation controls, main
   content, page title, etc.
- Would prefer not to need a database
- ability to specify different templates per-page would be nice
- must run on Fedora
- install/update via yum preferred
- I don't want to write any code (not even PHP or perl!), other
   than some indicator in my template

Any suggestions?

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software