[TriLUG] OT: maps.google.com satellite maps

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:07:41 EDT 2005

I kind of figured that those were irrigated fields.  When I worked for
American Airlines I flew to Dallas quite a bit and from the plane you
could see these things  everywhere.

What I was getting at is if you zoom out of the Groom Lake shot it is
really in the middle of nowhere.  So my question is: Irrigated fields
for what?  Food for the workers?  A special blend of herbs and grasses
for the aliens to eat?  Don't they still fly workers for Groom Lake to
and from LA everyday?  Also, if I remember correctly, these circular
fields are huge.  That's a lot of irrigated fields...  Maybe it's the
government's secret growing area for medical marijuana?