[TriLUG] Scheduling file transfers

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Apr 7 15:31:46 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 03:18:44PM -0400, Mark Freeze wrote:
> The way I need my script to read will not allow for picking up part of
> a file then picking the rest of the file up later, unless by later you
> guys mean later like a couple of ms later.  My script would need to do
> the following things:
>
> after I download.  Downloading a second file behind the first sounds
> like a good idea. I'd just have to have the script check that
> condition before continuing.  How would I go about checking the file
> size on the remote machine before download  to detect things like
> failed transfers, etc... ?

Continuing on with this thought, I would put the file size into the
"semaphore" file, and check it on your "server" after downloading
everything.

You could also put a small amount of other information into this same
file without significantly impacting the "instantaneous" nature of the
second file transfer.

Brian