[TriLUG] TriLUG steering committee error in judgement

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Thu Apr 7 15:40:38 EDT 2005

i agree wholeheartedly in the merits of the proactive approach to be
helpful, tried working with the SC and did not get appropriate
response.  my methods don't work for everyone.  there is nothing wrong
with letting folks know you mean business.  for example, i called the
police 3 times in January on the college kids partying across the street
(they wok up my children).  then, i went over there, apologized for
getting them in any trouble, handing them my business card and asked
them to call when they have another party so i can turn on a fan to
create white noise and not wake up my children.

i have no regrets for calling the police yet don't give a dagnabbit
about becoming a policeperson...