[TriLUG] Multi Domain IMAP Servers

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Sat Apr 9 12:48:57 EDT 2005

Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net> writes:

> no matter what, yout postfix instead of sendmail.  that's an easy
> choice.
>
> if you don't have a huge number of users, courier is probably the
> best pop/imap solution.  you can handle multiple domains in a
> variety of ways (postfix virtuals, sendmail virtuals, mysql/ldap
> virtual users, etc) and it's a snap to use procmail or maildrop to
> invoke spamassassin.  cyrus is the other obvious choice, it's more
> complicated (IMO) but better suited to handling lots of users in
> lots of domains.

I'd pretty much echo everything Jason said---certainly the bits about
postfix versus sendmail---although I'll note that I tend to run cyrus
everywhere, but that's as much because I was using it before courier
even existed as anything.

Mike
--
A steeple full of swallows that could never ring the bell -- Tom Waits