[TriLUG] linux on Palm

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Tue Apr 12 16:17:53 EDT 2005

If you are interested in getting Linux as your distro, purely to have Linux as
the distro, I'd suggest you leave Palm on there. It works well with syncing
to Linux.

There is a "payfor" solution I found for my old Palm, http://www.linuxda.com/,
Empower LinuxDA. But for a few bucks more, you can buy their Palm knockoff
with Linux already installed. I don't believe it syncs with Linux though.

Personally, I gave my Palm to my dad (He's a Windows guy, but we still love
him), and bought a Sharp Zaurus.

If you are just wanting a PDA, use the Palm and leave the Palm OS.