[TriLUG] GLX extensions?

Thomas Mayfield tgmayfield at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:29:14 EDT 2005

I know that with the "nvidia" driver, you need to make sure you
comment (or remove) the lines from your
XF86Config/XF86Config-4/xorg.conf file (pick whichever is relevant):
    Load "dri"
    Load "GLcore"

I've had some problems with the nvidia driver, but have successfully
compiled it and installed it about a year ago on Fedora Core 1, just
about a week ago on Debian Sarge, and a few days ago on Ubuntu Hoary.
I've never tried leaving those lines active, but I'll try again
tonight and re-enable them, and see if I get the same symptoms you do.

If you used the nvidia installer from their web site, there should be
a README with extra options you can set and diagnostic information at
/usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_<>/README

--Thomas