[TriLUG] PIX 501 vs the MAC change, KO

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Apr 14 08:24:35 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,
   For the ones who were watching this brief thread with any passing
interest, the problem is solved.

Sadly, I still have no idea what was causing it in the first place, or
particularly why it's fixed now.  I'm guessing it was some latent
configs from the previous hardware that were somehow mucking things up,
or some weirdness involving our firewall.

At any rate, late yesterday I rebooted the server and moved it to a
different switch port, and everything became copasetic.

Thanks again to everyone who offered insight and suggestions.

Regards,
~Brian