[TriLUG] Reminder: old gear

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov
Thu Apr 14 11:31:04 EDT 2005

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi at epa.gov,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph at epa.gov

trilug-bounces at trilug.org wrote on 04/14/2005 10:56:40 AM:

>    Well, most of what I scrounge from triLUG ends up at the Chatham
> Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store. A couple of volunteers
> (and I) fix
> them up and the store sells them.

now that I think about it, I remember postings about this before.

>    So check with your local thrift store. They may be able
> to use used
> gear, but some may need a "complete and working" computer
> - they may not
> have staff who can deal with software issues or pieces/parts.

yes, got it

Joe