[TriLUG] What's an effective method for timing a perl script

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Fri Apr 15 16:00:08 EDT 2005

I'm a little more curious about the application of this than is contained
at first glance in the description.  Are you trying to time the entire
process or individual file deletions?  If the whole process, then when you
run it from the command line, you could just do

$ time my_process.pl

and when it finishes off, you should see something like

real    0m0.004s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

fwiw...William