[TriLUG] Delivery Point Bar Code software

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Apr 25 10:45:29 EDT 2005

Hi y'all,
   Does anyone have any experience with f/oss DPBC software?  $work
wants to start putting the bar codes on our advertising flyers so we can
qualify for automation rates with the post office...but I'm assuming
$boss isn't going to want to spend $1200 on DPBC software.

Running on Windows is a necessary evil in this case; our flyer printing
is done in Publisher (which doesn't appear to have automatic DPBC,
unlike Word, unfortunately).  Operating on data in Excel format is
optimal, CSV is acceptable.  Running in Cygwin is also an acceptable
solution if Windows-native code isn't available.

Obviously if it requires buying something, then we'll either buy
something or continue to pay the higher postal rate.  And of course I am
googling this as well, but I thought I'd check to see if there were
anyone who already knew of such a beast.

Thanks greatly,
~Brian