[TriLUG] need Cisco a console cable.. in a BIG way

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Apr 26 21:19:13 EDT 2005

Greg Brown wrote:

> Who sells those darn things?  CompUSA?  TigerDirect?
>
> Of all the stinking cables I've gathered over the years you'd think I
> would be able to find one.. .but NO!!!!!  I had to clean out the
> attic.  I had to throw away all those old cables I never use.  Next
> I'll need a 3174 balun cable with an IBM type 2 connector.  I threw
> out about 100 pounds of them.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Greg

Meet me for lunch tomorrow at Crazy Fire around 12:15 pm?  :)  The cable
is free.  Other options include buying a router or switch, hacking
together some Cat-V, some ends, and a terminal hood which can be
purchased at Radio Shack.  Pin outs can be found here
(http://www.alliancedatacom.com/manufacturers/cisco-systems/connector_cables/cable_pinouts.asp).
You might be able to buy a pre-made one from ConnectIt over on Milbrook?

Aaron S. Joyner