[TriLUG] Samba printing problems

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:06:28 EDT 2005

For some reason, they made the reboot not clear queues... you'll have
files here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

If you were to pause a printer, submit a print job and view this
location, you'll see them.  So if you had jobs in the queue, they'll
always be there until you delete all the jobs out of that print queue,
a reboot doesn't do it... apparently designed to be that way.

Also, if you have trouble printing for some reason (I guess
specifically within your windows machine itself), pausing, capturing
the file created and passing on to tech support is sometimes
requested.  They'll take that file, put it in their print queue, and
let it go and see how it prints on their end.  Windows rulz!!  *sigh*
:(

David McD