[TriLUG] ALSA and card ordering

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 28 09:38:37 EDT 2005

I believe the alsa devices get ordered by the order the modules are
inserted.  If you change that order such that the sound card is loaded
first you should be fine.  How you do that, depends on your
distribution.  I would add the TV card to /etc/hotplug/blacklist so it
doesn't get loaded automatically, and then just load the module manually
somewhere after hotplug has done its thing.  Or perhaps add the
appropriate information to modprobe.conf so they get loaded
automatically when needed.

Joel