[TriLUG] mythtv hdtv cards / broadcast flag

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 28 13:09:45 EDT 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Wing D Lizard wrote:

> John Turner wrote:
>
>> I have the HD-3000. Tried to add it to my FC3 Myth setup with not
>> much luck.
>
> does xine work on hd channels?

To be honest I can't tell you what works now. At first the dvb drivers
would not load (note: I was using atrpms.org). When a newer kernel was
out I tried again and got the drivers to load fine. I was able to
"test" tune in some channels so I figured the card was working. Next
step I went to try and get Myth working. The configure went fine but it
never would show an picture. Then my PVR250 card started losing sound
on new recordings. So I decided to go back to the beginning and try it
over. Which is where I am at now.  I was trying to tune QAM via TW
cable not OTA, but that part seems to be okay.

So next I am going to try KnoppMyth R5A15 and see how it does. If that
doesn't work then I am going to rebuild my FC3 box and test the dvb
drivers outside of Myth first. I also considered removing the PVR250
card to see if the HD-3000 would work then. I am willing to have the
two cards in two different boxes, but I can't see to find any
documentation on how this works in Myth.

Does anyone use a slave recorder, is that what it is called?

John