[TriLUG] L.A.M.P job market

matt-nc ncmail at triad.rr.com
Sat Apr 30 14:40:49 EDT 2005

I would like your opinion about job opportunities for someone with L.A.M.P.
skills.

I have heard that L.A.M.P. is considered by some to be a skill set that
will be coming into increasing demand.  Specifically, I am wondering if I
would have realistic expectations of being able to get any significant jobs
or freelance work if I would develop expertise in that area only.  Or,
would I find that it would still be necessary to have many other
programming skills or a computer degree.  My degree is in business and I am
at a transition point right now, weighing the opportunities in some
different directions.

Thanks,
Matt