[TriLUG] Flash ate my keyboard!

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Sat Apr 30 20:23:28 EDT 2005

On 29-Apr-2005 15:39 EDT, Brian Henning wrote:
> Does anyone else experience this behavior:
>
> Flash, at least in Opera, eats my keyboard.  If there's a page with any
> flash on it whatsoever, it seems like the Flash plugin begins eating all
> of my keypresses, whether or not that particular Flash widget has focus.
> If I want to navigate anywhere else, I have to close the page and start
> over.
>
> Is this some known issue, or a borked installation on my part, or something
> more nefarious?

Happens to me all of time.  I thought it was just a bad flash plugin, or that
my system is not the fastest thing in the world (1.2GHz Celeron).  I have the
same problem on a slightly faster box, but with a different distro. of Linux.
So no, I believe it is pervasive.

Any Apple or Sun users out there with the same problem?

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA