[TriLUG] Anyone know of a good web host?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Mon May 2 13:19:20 EDT 2005

I have a couple of clients on two different hosting companies.  I am most
pleased with 1&1 Internet (the ones with all the adds in the magazines),
Business Package.  see: http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Hosting

I also use Fat Cow.  They have a comparison chart of several hosting
companies:  http://www.fatcow.com/fatcow/competition.bml
Also let it be known, 1&1 does not use white lists or gray lists for
filtering their email, so you get a lot more spam.

Fat Cow is Sun Solaris based, so you can actually upload compiled sparc
binaries for DHTML.  1&1 you have a choice: Linux based is cheapest, but
if you must serve from a Microsoft host, that's available too.

By the way, if you sign up for Fat Cow, please enter my user id, hallco,
in the "referred by" box -- I get an extra month free for every one of
you who mentions my referral.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA