[TriLUG] Wiki/CMS Recommendations?

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Tue May 3 15:10:03 EDT 2005

Michael Reamy wrote:
> I'm beginning to look for a good Wiki or CMS for use in our engineering
> environment.  I would like something that non-programmers could easily
> use while still maintaining flexibility.

We (who are a bunch of Java programmers) are using Confluence, from
atlassian.com.  We also happen to be using their issue-tracking system (Jira).

It has a couple of nice features, like permission-based access to multiple
'spaces', the ability to rename and/or move pages and page versioning.  It also
has some extensibility, which has allowed users to contriubute "plugins",
such as task lists.   We like it and it has been pretty solid for us, so far.
It has standalone and J2EE-deployable versions.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software