[TriLUG] Phone using computer (was: OT - well, I do want to save the file on Linux)

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Wed May 4 13:56:11 EDT 2005

On 3 May 2005 13:37 EDT, Greg Brown wrote:
> [...] though I would like to set up a system at the house that could record
> phone calls.. it just sounds geeky.

That reminds me of a project I wanted to accomplish...

What Linux utility (and set of steps) do others on this list use to place
phone calls through their computer?

I use a program in Win98 now that uses the modem to connect to the phone line,
and allows me to use a standard headset/mic connected to the sound card.  It
can lookup a number in a contact list, dial it for me, and time the call to a
log file.

It would be a "good thing" to do the same in Linux on the same box.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA