[TriLUG] CPU load balance

Tom Le tlenc2003 at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 10:08:23 EDT 2005

Hello,
I have a dell 1850 with 2 processors used as a
dedicated backup server (tapeware).  The backup jobs
ran OK until we added a new server to our backup
selections -we only have 4 servers in our selection.
Backup jobs always hang and "top" command show heavy
loads on the server.  "Top" also shows one CPU is
maxed out (100%) by the backup process while the other
CPU is barely touched.  I googled on CPU load
balancing but haven't found what I needed.
My (dumb) question is: How do I distribute the CPU
evenly between the 2 CPUs on this machine?
We are running RHAS 3 Update 3 on this server.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tom